Our Clients are pure wholesale distributors of a broad range of business products including office, janitorial, break room and industrial supplies. We “win from the middle of the supply chain” by enabling the success of our suppliers, our reseller customers, our associates, and the communities we serve. By stocking a broad range of products across key market channels, and by offering sophisticated logistical capabilities and innovative value-added services, we enable our resellers to respond efficiently to the demand for business products from millions of consumers. By giving our suppliers logistical excellence and broad market reach, we enable their success. Join Sigmaegis, a Fortune 500 company, and you’ll enjoy a comprehensive benefits package that uniquely meets the needs of you and your family.
Sigmaegis is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
This position is responsible for driving a truck to deliver product from the Distribution Center to the customers, in adherence with safe driving guidelines. Overtime work payments will be considered
· Loads product onto truck at the Distribution Center and prepares for delivery. May be required to use power equipment, such as a forklift or pallet jack, to load the truck.
· Performs pre-trip inspection of vehicles, trailers, and cargo to ensure that mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order, and to ensure that cargo is undamaged and all load-related documentation is complete and accurate. Delivers product from the Distribution Center to the customers’ location, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and roads in the area.
· Unloads product from truck to customers’ dock, inspecting cargo and completing required documentation.
· Performs all job responsibilities in adherence with established Company driving policies and procedures. Remains compliant with Company, state and federal testing and licensing requirements, submitting proof as requested.
· Reports vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations or damage to vehicles as required per Company policies and procedures. Understands and demonstrates Sigmaegis's Core Values.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· CDL license required – Class A or B.
· Ability to adhere to established safe driving guidelines.
· Ability to use equipment such as forklift and pallet jack to load trucks, and remain certified to operate all such equipment.
· Ability to perform all tasks in a safe manner, following all safety rules and guidelines.
· Hazmat training for hauling hazardous materials may be required.
Education and Experience
· High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
· Minimum two year experience driving heavy box trucks or three years experience driving tractor trailers required
Mode of Application
• Interested candidates should forward their CV details to hrm.sigmaegisconcepts @gmail.com
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the phone number attached to this advert.
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted